- This event has passed.
Imposter Syndrome in the Workplace
October 14, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Join us for Okta’s Latinx/Hispanic Heritage Month virtual event starting with a panel on Imposter Syndrome in the workplace. Wednesday, Oct 14th from 4:00-6:30 PM CST. Register here.
About this Event:
This Hispanic Heritage Month celebration features professionals from across the tech industry in a discussion on how imposter syndrome has influenced and shown up in their careers. We continue our celebration with a musical guest performance and networking breakout sessions.
Imposter Syndrome is …
A study published in the Journal of Behavioral Science estimates that about 70 percent of the US population has experienced the syndrome. But for people of color, impostor syndrome is influenced by racial and ethnic identity.
We are speaking with accomplished professionals on how they handle feelings of inadequacy and steps they have taken to assist in their journeys to eliminate self-doubt. We will discuss ways of showing up in the workplace as your whole self while navigating a global pandemic and social unrest. And finally – how to re-affirm that our Hispanic & Latinx co-workers belong and ways to fight against imposter syndrome.
- Hector Aguilar – President, Technology at Okta (Moderator)
- Melissa DeAngelo – Identity Division Senior Business Manager at Microsoft
- Peter Rios – Chief Scientific Officer at CellTrans
- Mauricio Benes – Managing Director at Accenture
- Andy Cabistan – Account Executive at Tempo Automation
- Maziel Martinez – Web Marketing, Producer at Okta