Registration is now open for the 32nd Annual National Institute for Leadership Advancement (NILA). NILA 2018 will be held August 8-12 in Oklahoma City, OK. NILA is SHPE’s premier leadership training program for the 2018-2019 chapter executive board members.
Why Attend NILA?
Invaluable leadership, chapter and personal development with culmination as a Certified Chapter Leader.
Location and Dates
Oklahoma City, OK
August 8-12, 2018
1) Go to SHPEConnect at www.shpeconnect.org
2) Login to SHPEConnect
3) Click on the “Register for NILA” menu header and follow the prompts*
*PLEASE NOTE: If you do not see the “Register for NILA” option that means the SHPE Connect system does not recognize you as an E-Board member. Please update your profile in SHPE Connect and then try again.
Registration is now open
Registration closes: June 15, 2018
Requirements to Attend NILA
– Be a paid & approved SHPE 2017-2018 member and renew your 2018-2019 membership before July 1, 2018
– Be a paid & approved SHPE Chapter Board member for the 2018-2019 membership year
– Attendance is restricted to once every 3 years
Student Members: $400
Professional Members: $450
– Travel stipend (Students up to $200, Professionals up to $150)
– Shared hotel accommodations (arrangements made by SHPE)
– Students will be housed four (4) per room
– Professionals will be housed two (2) per room
– Three complete meals plus snacks throughout the day. Students (Thursday, Friday, Saturday). Professionals (Friday, Saturday).
– Access to keynotes, workshops, and materials
– Leadership commencement ceremony
– Increase and advance your effective leadership skills
– Practice strategies to retain members and manage your chapter
– Develop marketing and fund development strategies and materials
– Implement a succession plan for the growth and success of the chapter